Smilyparents is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission (at no extra cost to you).
The best part about choosing a Wi-Fi baby monitor is that you can keep an eye on your precious one from any corner of the world. These video monitors use your home’s Wi-Fi connection to stream video. It lets you monitor your baby’s activity on your phone, tablet as well as computer. As simple as that.
You will be glad to know that the stream can be password protected to keep intruders at bay. The only prerequisite to get started is a wireless router.
I have selected 7 best Wi-Fi baby monitors with high-quality cameras and advanced features in every budget group so that you don’t have to. I have focused on aspects like design, durability, ease-of-use, features and overall functionality while preparing this list.
So without further ado, let’s get started with the reviews:
|Nanit Plus Baby Monitor|
|Arlo Baby Monitor|
|Nest Security Camera Baby Monitor|
|Wansview Wireless Baby Monitor|
|Evoz Vision Wi-Fi Video Baby Monitor|
|iBaby M7 Baby Monitor|
|Cocoon Cam Plus Baby Monitor|
Click a link below to jump to the relevant section
- Detailed Reviews of the Best Wi-Fi Baby Monitors of 2020
- 1.Nanit Plus – Smart Baby Monitor
- 2.Arlo Baby Monitor
- 3.Nest Security Camera Baby Monitor
- 4.Wansview Wireless Baby Monitor
- 5.Evoz Vision Wi-Fi Video Baby Monitor
- 6.iBaby M7 Baby Monitor
- 7.Cocoon Cam Plus Baby Monitor
- What to Look While Buying The Best Wifi Monitor For Baby?
- Wi-Fi Baby Monitor Safety Concern: Know What the Experts Are Saying
- The Bottom Line
Detailed Reviews of the Best Wi-Fi Baby Monitors of 2020
1.Nanit Plus – Smart Baby Monitor
The first model to grace my list of the best Wi-Fi baby monitor is tailor-made for parents who want to monitor the sleep schedule of their babies. The monitor displays every minor and major activity of your baby with HD clarity. Before I get to more details, have a quick look at the most attractive features of this monitor:
- Advanced sleep tracking and sleep guidance features help you improve the sleep quality of your baby.
- Real-time sound and motion sensors let you stay alert of every sound and movement your kid makes.
- HD video streaming facilitating excellent image quality.
- Time-lapse video shows you the highlights of the last 24 hours’ activities.
- Advanced privacy settings to help you protect the video footage from hackers.
This unique sleep tracking feature of Nanit lets you monitor vital stats like the duration of the nap, the number of times people visiting the room and sleeping efficiency. It also includes a sleep coach to help your baby snooze peacefully all night long.
Not just that. You can also keep tabs on the temperature and humidity of your kid’s room 24×7 to ensure optimal comfort. This review will be incomplete without mentioning the push notification feature.
The advanced sensors of this monitor send push notification to your phone every time the baby makes a sound, cries or tries to roll over the crib. And guess what, you will keep getting all the notifications even if the Wi-Fi connection is down.
- Up to 3 individuals can stream the video at a time.
- Pinch-zoom the video for a closer look.
- Easy setup.
- Sleep tracking feature.
- Push notification every time the baby makes any sound or movement.
- Stable connectivity, even on a poor Wi-Fi connection.
- Some users have reported problems with receiving real-time notifications.
- The nightlight can be a bit too bright for some babies.
Despite being the best Wi-Fi video baby monitor in terms of technical advancement, Nanit Plus does have certain limitations. But what makes it worth the price is that it gets the basics right.
The camera quality is stunning, the installation is a breeze and when set up properly, there is little to no drop in the connection. Bonus is the sleep analysis feature which helps you enhance the quality of your baby’s sleep.
2.Arlo Baby Monitor
If you are looking for the best Wi-Fi baby monitor camera without spending a fortune, take a look at this 1080P video monitor. It is an ideal choice for tech-geek parents who want hi-tech features to ensure maximum security and comfort for their precious ones.
It streams Full HD video footage. The picture quality is crystal clear during both day and night-time, thanks to its infrared LED night. Before I delve into further details, I want you to take a quick look at its key features.
- 1080P video camera with pinch-in-zoom.
- The camera can be accessed with simple voice commands to Alexa, Siri or Google Assistant.
- Advanced night vision that covers up to 15 feet and delivers a clear image.
- Free cloud space for storing recorded videos and snapshots.
- Music button lets you play pre-loaded lullabies or with your choice of music.
- Lets you monitor sound, movement, temperature, humidity as well as air quality.
The picture quality of Arlo Baby monitor is far superior to most baby monitors in its price range. I am especially impressed by the image sharpness of the night vision camera. I can check if the baby has opened his eyes or rolling in his crib by zooming in.
It also delivers real-time stats on your baby’s day-long activities via push notifications and emails. In addition to temperature and humidity sensor, this model utilizes a VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds). It helps you assess the air quality as a preventive measure of headache, nausea, throat irritation and several other ailments caused by contaminated air.
I have seen many users complaining about the connectivity issue. I am quite certain that the problem is either with their home Wi-Fi connection or improper installation. Can’t really blame the product for that.
Setting up the product is quite easy due to its multiple mounting options. It also comes with a built-in rechargeable battery. This makes the monitor travel-friendly, letting you position the monitor in a different room or in a car seat for a short period of time.
Another small but significant addition is the Listen Mode. When you are busy cooking or buying groceries, turn on this mode, keep the phone in your pocket and remain aware of your baby’s movements without constantly looking at the screen.
- Sharp and clear images.
- Multiple users can access the streaming from multiple authorized accounts.
- Listen mode.
- Excellent night-time vision.
- Two-way communication and music playback feature.
- Portable and travel-friendly as well.
- 3-5 seconds of video lagging.
I would recommend Arlo baby monitors for anyone who uses IFTTT-enabled smart home devices. This special feature will help you activate the monitor and control your smart home devices with simple voice commands.
It is also a great choice for parents who seek great camera quality, during both day and night time. The temperature and VOC sensors ensure a healthy and purified home environment to keep diseases at bay.
3.Nest Security Camera Baby Monitor
Nest Security Camera is worth considering if you are looking for a whole-house security camera that can also keep track of your baby and elderly people in the house. The first thing I noticed about this product is the ease-of-installation. It comes with a magnetic stand that lets you set up the monitor in any corner of the house, be it on a flat surface or the wall. Before I begin discussing the feature in greater detail, take a glance at the main features of this security camera-cum-baby monitor.
- Person and Motion alert sensors let you keep an eye on who is visiting your house and what they are doing, including your kid’s movements.
- Nest Aware subscription offers multiple useful features e.g 24×7 recording for 10-30 days, allowing you to review and rewind video highlights in seconds et cetera.
- Two-way audio to communicate with the baby and the caregiver.
- Speed through snapshots of the last 3 hours’ activity for free.
It would be my go-to recommendation for anyone willing to have a 24×7 live recording of the nursery. If you live miles away from your baby, you can gain access to all the footage recorded from the past 10-30 days. This way, you can be assured that you’ll never miss a significant moment.
You can store and access the footage from the cloud as well. Yes, you do need to pay for the Nest Aware subscription for this. But I personally think the price is quite justified when you consider the average monthly cost of home security.
The Nest Aware subscription has two other stellar benefits: movement sensor and person alert. The system alerts you when a person enters your house. You can also talk to the person via the speaker on the camera.
I’d personally use the hi-tech movement sensor to monitor and assess the sleep time activity of my baby. You can observe how much your baby is moving during nap time and when he falls into a deep slumber.
- Easy-to-use and intuitive Nest App.
- Nest Aware subscription allows top-tier home security features and functions.
- Person and movement alert.
- Can be used as a live video monitor as well without the subscription.
- Can be installed anywhere in the house.
- No two way talk feature included.
This whole-house security system doubles up as one of the best Wi-Fi baby monitors due to the premium, feature-rich Nest App. This app runs smoothly on all compatible devices. If you really want to get the best out of this model, take the Nest Aware subscription.
It might seem costly at first but the kind of features it offers makes up for it. The streaming quality, 24/7 recording along with the advanced person and movement alert systems ensure total security for your baby, pets and elderly people living in your house.
4.Wansview Wireless Baby Monitor
If you are looking for a baby monitor to cover a wider area of the house, then this one is worth having a look. It uses a 1080P pan-tilt-zoom camera to give you a 350-degree view of the room.
Setting up the hardware and using the camera is a cakewalk, making the system a suitable choice for non-tech-savvy parents. Before I move on to further features, have a look at the top features of this camera in case you’re short on time.
- Pant-tilt-zoom camera to get wider coverage.
- Shoots videos at 25 fps and therefore, consumes less bandwidth.
- The LED night vision infrared covers up to 20 ft. in a poorly lit room.
- Cloud and Micro SD card storage.
- Motion and sound sensors send real-time alerts.
This is clearly the best affordable Wi-Fi baby monitor for parents seeking a feature-rich unit. In this price range, it is almost impossible to find an HD camera which rotates up to 350 degrees sideways and 76 degrees up and down.
In the case of Wansview, the high-definition camera could be used as a baby monitor as well as a pet monitor. You can rotate the camera in all directions and tilt in 76-degree angle via the intuitive app on your smartphone or computer.
This allows you to capture new angles in the room by just using your fingertips. The transition from daytime to night vision is exceptionally smooth. There is hardly any blurry spot in the black and white night vision camera footage.
Setting up the device is pretty easy as long as you follow the user guide to the T. Since the device has a Micro SD card slot, you can pop in SD cards of up to 128 GB. This will store videos for up to 4-7 days, depending on the resolution. You, along with 3 other authorized personnel, can access the footage from different devices at the same time.
You can also monitor audio and motion on this home security device. It tells you when your kids came back from school or what your pet doggo was up to, making sure you never miss an important moment.
- Two-way communication feature.
- The night vision camera provides coverage of up to 20 feet.
- Excellent panning and tilting ability of the camera.
- Supports Micro SD card.
- Lets you capture screenshots.
- Has sound and motion detectors.
- The Android version of this app requires a lot of improvement.
- The system needs to be set up quite close to the Wi-Fi router.
Considering the quality of image and coverage of the infrared LED, it could easily be passed off as one of the best wireless baby monitors with night-time vision.
Very few models in this price range allow you to pan and tilt the camera in every possible direction with such ease. The setup is also fairly easy. All you need to do is download and app and scan the QR code on the device to get started.
5.Evoz Vision Wi-Fi Video Baby Monitor
Evoz Vision is a suitable choice for parents looking for a way to track important stats like baby’s sleep schedule, feeding time, temperature, and milestone dates for diagnosis purpose.
There are more such top-notch features which I am going to discuss later in the review. But before that, let me quickly list down the most prominent features of this baby monitor.
- Special cry detection algorithm separates general noise from a baby’s cry.
- Automatically stores important stats e.g baby’s sleep data, diaper change timings, feeding time as well as crying pattern.
- The app gives you useful parental tips based on the stored data.
- You can allow access to the parental unit to a caregiver.
- Can playback your own music, lullabies or audiobooks by connecting to the internet.
Installing the hardware and getting the camera up and running is a very straightforward process. Once set up, it can stream the live footage across multiple devices. You can grant access to a trusted caregiver to the parental unit for a set period of time. To make sure nobody misuses the access, the password will change automatically after some time.
Another reason why it is on my list of the best Wi-Fi baby monitors is its state-of-the-art cry detection system. It helps you track your baby’s crying pattern by sending push notifications, SMS and email whenever the kid begins to cry.
It also captures the images of moments that lead to the cries. The unit also stores important stats on your baby’s feeding, sleeping pattern, room temperature, diaper changes, and important milestone dates. You can record and share them with your doctor if needed.
The quality of videos it records is flawless. The high-resolution images have great detail and vivid colors. I loved how the monitor won’t transmit data unless you actively view the feed. It is a great addition to parents who are worried about high levels of electromagnetic fields harming their babies.
- The cry detection algorithm helps you understand and analyze the crying pattern of your baby.
- Ideal for sleep training fussy babies.
- Lets you play lullabies, audiobooks, and your own songs.
- Can stream across multiple devices simultaneously.
- Automatically records and stores important baby stats.
- Crystal clear video quality.
- The field of view is smaller than other monitors featured here.
The Wi-Fi monitor is not without its share of faults. However, the glitches are not severe enough to be termed as dealbreakers. The latest firmware update of the Evoz Baby App ensures a better UI and more stable connection. I’d confidently recommend this system for parents for sleep training fussy babies.
6.iBaby M7 Baby Monitor
iBaby M7 is the best Wi-Fi baby monitor for parents looking for a smart nursing kit for the complete care of their baby. It is an ideal option for new parents as it will give them constant reminders for feeding and diaper change times.
I’m pretty sure new parents, especially the ones busy with household chores all day, will be thankful for this significant feature. To know more about how this product works, continue reading. But before moving onto more details, here’s a quick summary of the monitor’s key features:
- The 1080P camera provides a 360-degree view of the room along with 140-degree tilting ability.
- Moonlight and start light projector to help your baby fall asleep faster.
- Evaluates air quality and sends you notifications when the indoor quality becomes unsafe for the kid.
- You can program the unit to send you diaper change and feeding time alerts.
- Lets you pre-record lullabies, stories, and even white noise to soothe the baby during feeding and sleep time.
First things first, this one is undoubtedly the best Wi-Fi baby monitor for iPhone in the current marketplace. The kit is Apple certified and uses MFI connection to aid steady connection and optimized user performance along with free cloud storage.
Almost every second Wi-Fi baby monitor on this list uses a 1080P camera to record videos. So what makes this one special? The quality of the night-vision. The recordings in low light conditions have exceptional clarity.
To get a good look at every nook and corner of the room in darkness, you simply have to swipe on the screen to get a full view of the space. The unit also has speakers for two-way communication and audio sensors to send you alerts when the baby is crying or sneezing.
Talking about the sensors, it also utilizes powerful ambient temperature, humidity, and air quality sensors to ensure optimal health and comfort for your little one. For those busy days when you are juggling with multiple tasks, the feeding and diaper change timing alerts will make your life easier.
If your baby becomes super fussy while feeding, you can play soothing lullabies, white noise, and even audiobooks to calm him down. I’m also in awe of the gorgeous moon and starlight projectors that’ll make any child fall asleep faster.
- Sends you alerts when the air quality becomes unsafe for your baby.
- Sends feeding time and diaper change reminders.
- Soothing moonlight and starry night nightlights.
- Ensures stable connection and great user performance for iPhone users.
- Provides a full 360-degree view.
- The speaker quality needs to be improved.
M7 is the most complete Wi-Fi baby care unit on this list. From singing lullabies to your baby to reminding the parent when to change the diaper, this device does it all. Apart from monitoring, you can also use it for recording videos to capture your baby’s precious moments. It also helps you keep the indoor air fresh and purified for your kid to prevent health hazards. What else can you possibly ask for?
7.Cocoon Cam Plus Baby Monitor
This baby monitor-cum-breathing is a fine choice for parents who are concerned about their child’s breathing problems. Breathing problem can occur due to a lot of reasons. Poor feeding can put pressure on a baby’s respiratory system.
On the other hand, it could be a warning sign of lung problem or cyanosis. This breathing monitor sends you real-time breathing stats, allowing you to have peace of mind when you are away from your baby. There’s much more to this unit than breathing monitoring. Before I get to that, here’s a quick overview of its main features:
- This model is certified by top pediatricians for breathing monitoring.
- Easy setup, no need for any wearables.
- Sends you alerts when the baby wakes up in the middle of the night or starts crying.
- HD live streaming with advanced night vision.
- Lets you save the night activity stats for future diagnosis purpose.
The mounting and setup process of the camera is pretty straightforward. The camera delivers fab image quality, during both day and night. Breathing monitoring is indeed the USP of this unit. As a parent, being able to constantly keep an eye on my baby’s breathing without sneaking into his room will give me great relief.
It also shows you the timelapse video of the previous night to help you check the highlights. Not just that. You can also zoom in on the live feed and take screenshots and share it with your partner.
- 24/7 breathing monitoring with real-time stats.
- Crisp picture quality with night-vision.
- Lets you save breathing and sleep pattern analytics for diagnosis purpose.
- Takes screenshots of the live feed.
- Fuss-free set up.
- Many users have complained that the app crashes and restarts, frequently. Possible reasons could be device incompatibility or poor internet connection.
You can use this baby monitor for getting quick alerts every time your baby is crying, waking up in the middle of the night or simply needs attention. It sends push notification on your phone, which eliminates the need to constantly watch the live feed. The breathing monitor brings a huge relief to parents who are worried about their precious one’s health.
What to Look While Buying The Best Wifi Monitor For Baby?
Whether you want the best affordable Wi-Fi baby monitor with basic features or something more upscale with powerful breathing and air quality sensors, the choice is up to you.
However, no matter which model you choose, expensive or budget-friendly, it must offer the following features:
1.Image Quality: The first and foremost consideration while purchasing a Wi-Fi baby monitor is the video quality. Most modern devices record videos in 720P and 1080P.
Look for a model that lets you zoom in on the live feed to check if your baby’s eyes are open during nighttime. If budget is not a concern then go for a camera with pan and tilt abilities to get a 360-degree view of the nursery.
2.Night Vision: It is another important feature that helps you keep a close eye on your baby in the dark. A good night vision baby monitor will have a coverage of at least 15 ft. and the images shouldn’t have any fuzzy spots.
3.Two-way Communication: This feature lets you communicate with your baby. You can soothe him from afar whenever he needs attention.
4.Push Notifications and Alert: The best Wi-Fi baby monitors of the current times come equipped with sound and motions alerts. It sends you push notifications, SMS and email alerts when the baby starts crying, rolling in the crib or wakes up at night.
5.Room Temperature Sensor: Babies are extremely sensitive to even the minutest change in the temperature. Therefore, a lot of models feature temperature and humidity sensors that alert you when the room temperature is getting unsuitable for your baby. More advanced units also use air quality sensors.
6.App Functionality: These Wi-Fi monitors are controlled via compatible apps that run on Android, iOS devices as well as computers. You need to check the UI and features offered by the app before purchasing the monitoring kit.
While some apps provide basic monitoring features, some display vital baby stats like sleeping activity, breathing and crying patterns. Choose the one that caters to your needs.
7.Nightlight and Music Playback: A soothing night light accompanied by cute lullabies, songs or audiobook playback could drastically improve the quality of your baby’s sleep.
Wi-Fi Baby Monitor Safety Concern: Know What the Experts Are Saying
If a device is connected to the internet, it is vulnerable to hackers, it is a well-known fact. But that doesn’t necessarily mean intruders can easily get access to the live feed. Top Wi-Fi baby monitor manufacturers add layers of security such as password protection and data encryption. These units let you have full control over who can access the video streaming.
However, for more solid protection against protection camera breaches, make sure your home’s Wi-Fi connection is secure and password-protected. Keep the router firmware and the baby monitor app firmware updated. Use strong passwords and change them frequently.
Also, make sure to switch off the live feed when you are not actively watching it. Keeping the live streaming on for hours unnecessarily increases the risk of hacking. Or, you can look for a model than streams video only when you actively watch it. This eliminates the need to manually turn off the live feed.
Some parents are also worried about radiation exposure created by Wi-Fi network signals. Well, you will be glad to know that the World Health Organization (WHO) has confirmed that low-level radiation from these baby monitors doesn’t pose any health risk for kids.
The Bottom Line
Choosing the best Wi-Fi monitor for baby requires hours of research. Each product comes with a unique set of features. Plus, the budget is an important concern for most of us. Keeping all these key factors in mind, I have narrowed down the options to 7 products.
From steady video streaming to timelapse video, from pre-recorded lullaby playback to air quality sensors, these units are both versatile and incredibly functional.
Among these 7 monitors, the one that has earned a special place in my heart is Nanit Plus. Its unique sleep tracking features are a blessing for parents who are worried about their baby’s erratic sleep schedule.
Its image quality and connectivity are unparalleled too. That’s pretty much what I’d look for in a Wi-Fi monitor in a medium price range.