Let me guess, you thought picking a diaper brand would be the least of your worries since you had a baby but you did hit a snag. Your little one turned out to be a heavy wetter and you are exhausted from changing nappies a million times a day. Been there, done that.
I did my homework but it still took me a while to find a diaper brand that could handle the challenge my baby kept throwing (or should I say spurted?) at it. Then I picked up a fine-tooth comb and searched countless parenting forums, blogs, and videos for three straight days, and guess what? The hard work paid off.
The internet helped me find exactly what I needed and now, it’s my time to return the favor. Since I have already read and gobbled up all the relevant information you could possibly find, this guide will cut out your work in half.
Below I have rounded up 10 best overnight diapers for heavy wetters and individually reviewed each product and also weighed up the pros and cons. Give them a read and decide which one of them checks off all the boxes:
10 Best Overnight Diapers For Heavy Wetters 2021
Click a link below to jump to the relevant section
- 1.HUGGIES OverNites Diapers
- 2.Goodnites Bedwetting Underwear Diaper
- 3.GroVia O.N.E. Reusable Baby Cloth Diaper
- 4.Mama Koala Bamboo Cloth Diaper Inserts
- 5.Sposie Booster Pads Diaper Doubler
- 6.Pampers UnderJams Disposable Bedtime Underwear
- 7.GroVia Reusable Prefold Cloth Diaper
- 8.ALVABABY Cloth Diaper
- 9.OsoCozy Unbleached Diapers
- 10.Blueberry Cloth Diaper
- In Conclusion
1.HUGGIES OverNites Diapers
Overnight diapers need to be leak-free more than anything else. HUGGIES OverNites Diapers are almost 25% more absorbent than regular/daytime diapers. That’s just one of the main reasons why the top spot on the list of the best overnight diapers for heavy wetters.
On top of excellent absorbency, these diapers are as fragrance-free as it could possibly be. If your baby is extremely sensitive to even the faintest smell, OverNites won’t let your little one down. The nappies smell fresh and don’t contain anything that could potentially trigger rashes, itching, or any skin kind of skin irritation.
Size 3 (the smallest size of OverNites) is specially designed for babies weighing 16-28 pounds. For bullet-proof leakage protection during nighttime, I’d advise you to go one size up.
To further prevent leakage and ensure a comfortable fit, the nappies come with double grip SnugFit back waist elastic. This time, Huggies really managed to step up their game by including a wetness level indicator in each diaper.
This means you won’t have to witness the mayhem to understand the severity of it. In simpler words, just one look at the wetness indicator will tell you whether it’s time to change the diaper or not.
- Doesn’t contain strong artificial chemical fragrance.
- Comfortable material.
- Excellent leakage-proof design and snug fit.
- Wetness level indicator.
- Some users have complained that on rare occasions when the baby drank lots of water and milk during dinner time, the diaper leaked.
2.Goodnites Bedwetting Underwear Diaper
If you’re tired of looking for super absorbent potty training pants for your three or four-year-old, Goodnites Bedwetting might be the answer to your prayers. These disposable underwears will fit kids weighing around and over 38 pounds.
Considering the size and width of these pants, it will work great for babies who are larger than usual for their age. The material is irritant-free and soft enough to keep your baby dry and non-cranky all night.
These training pants come armed with 5 layers of leakage protection coupled with double leg barriers to make sure no amount of poop storm can ruin the bedsheets for the entire night.
I’m not saying these are the ultimate pull-ups to tackle excessive urination of newborns but it’s good enough for most potty-trained toddlers. I also loved the quality of the stretchy waistband. It ensures a snug fit. Moreover, there’s no amount of force in the world that could tamper with the position of the pants.
- Tailor-made for big babies and toddlers.
- Ideal for potty training.
- Made of high-quality, soft, and cushy fabric.
- The waistband and leg barriers keep the underpants in place.
- The edges don’t have any absorbency. However, that’s the case with most pull-ups, so I can’t really blame the brand for it.
3.GroVia O.N.E. Reusable Baby Cloth Diaper
In the market for something more environment-friendly and skin-friendly at the same time? Then cloth diapers would be the way to go. There’s a very common misconception that cloth diapers can’t prevent nighttime disasters as effectively as regular diapers.
Well, that’s not 100% correct and GroVia O.N.E is a glaring example of the best overnight cloth diapers for heavy wetters. Let me the reasons briefly to back up my statement:
Perhaps the biggest strength of these diapers, apart from excellent absorbency, are the two types of closure systems it provides. You can choose between snap/hook and loop closures to ensure optimal fit and comfort for your junior.
Another major highlight is that the nappies literally grow with your baby, starting from day 1 to the day it is ready for potty training (with a max weight limit of 35 lbs.).
Speaking of excellent absorbency, the cloth diapers feature one extra layer of protective layer in between the cotton layers to prevent leakage and mess.
To further enhance the leakage-protection ability of the fiber, the nappies contain a channeled soaker design which makes sure your baby’s clothes and bed sheet remain dry after a long night of heavy wetting.
Washing and de-stinking the diapers is a pretty straightforward process. You can simply wash it with a quality detergent followed by a rinse in baking soda+vinegar solution. This will not only remove the stains but will also make the awful smell go away in a jiffy.
- Two types of closure systems, the velcro attachment is better suited for smaller babies.
- Comes with two inserts as well.
- Extra layer of fabric for overnight leakage protection.
- Easy to wash.
- The material is very thick, which means it could take a while to completely air dry.
4.Mama Koala Bamboo Cloth Diaper Inserts
Diaper inserts are one of the smartest and most cost-efficient ways to deal with heavy wetting and blowout. A prominent example of an insert that handles a massive amount of mess without hurting the tender baby skin would be ones produced by Mama Koala.
The combination of 2 layers of bamboo coupled with two layers of microfiber amplify the insert’s moisture-wicking ability.
Let me note that Mama Koala inserts come in one size and are compatible with most pocket diaper brands. The size material flex well enough to accompany your baby till his/her toddlerhood.
If you are specifically looking for something for a sensitive-skin newborn, Mama Koala inserts could be the way to go. They go easy on the skin and what’s even better is that they don’t need a lot of prep work to reach their full potential since the inserts are not made from 100% natural fiber.
Economical and eco-friendly rolled into one package- if that doesn’t sound like a solid bang for the buck, I’m not sure what does.
- One-size-fits-all inserts, ideal for newborns and smaller babies.
- 4 layers of leakage protection.
- Easy prepping.
- Trim, lightweight, and breathable fiber.
- Fits most pocket diapers.
- Not an ideal fit for large babies.
5.Sposie Booster Pads Diaper Doubler
Booster pads might add up to the cost of your monthly baby leakage-protection bill but if your junior is a true blue heavy wetter, the extra investment will be worth it. Sposie hypoallergenic pads fit with almost every diaper type and brand, be it disposable or cloth diaper.
You simply lay it down vertically inside the regular diaper (or maybe another one horizontally along the waistband for extra protection). That’s it. If you manage to position the booster properly, forget about worrying about leaks for at least the next 12 hours.
You might think adding booster pads underneath the regular diaper would make the whole thing too hefty but that’s actually not the case. These pads are made from ultra-absorbent yet lightweight materials.
It successfully manages to keep your baby’s bottoms dry, rash-free throughout the night without subjecting the skin to nasty rashes and redness. If your little one is an active sleeper, and so are you, Sposies can make sure both of you get at least 8-10 hours of uninterrupted sleep.
- Keeps diaper rash and itching at bay.
- Incredible absorbency.
- Multiplies the moisture-wicking ability of regular diapers.
- Prevents leakage for up to 10 hours.
- The absence of adhesive strips at the back of new pads makes it somewhat difficult to position correctly.
6.Pampers UnderJams Disposable Bedtime Underwear
If you are tired of looking for extra absorbent diaper underpants for slightly grown kids who aren’t yet ready for potty training, UnderJams might be the answer to your prayers.
Specially crafted for the weight range of 38-85 lbs, UnderJams can hold a larger volume of blowouts and moisture than any average disposable nappies. More importantly, they fit like a charm on both toddlers and growing kids.
Pampers’ “Ultra-absorbent core” uses a high quality absorbent gelling material to soak up the mess. You will notice that the diapers are noticeably thicker in areas which are most vulnerable to leakage.
If you notice leftover gel-like substance on the baby’s skin while changing the diapers, know that it’s completely normal. The diapers are delightfully stretchy and are high waisted to ensure uncompromising leakage-protection for heavy wetters.
- Great for kids who haven’t been potty trained yet.
- XL size will snugly fit older kids.
- High waist pull-ups like these can contain massive volumes of night-time wetting without spilling a drop.
- The Ultra-absorbent core can hold a huge amount of fluid.
- Discreet design, doesn’t obtrusively bulge under the clothes.
- Mainly designer for older children. If you are on the lookout for diapers for newborns, this one won’t cut it.
7.GroVia Reusable Prefold Cloth Diaper
The best overnight diapers for a heavy wetter don’t necessarily have to be expensive and disposable containing some sort of gel technology. You can choose something made from 100% organic materials and ensure a leak-free, peaceful night for your little pumpkin pie.
These prefold cloth diapers owe its stupendous absorbency to the organic cotton and bamboo rayon blend fabric. You can use them with both GroVia hybrid shells and Snappis. Either way, it provides a snug fit and eliminates the need to change the nappies multiple times during the night.
Another factor that makes it one of the best overnight diaper for heavy wetter around is that they shrink very little after prepping. I do admit that pretreating these nappies 5-6 times before use is a lot of work.
However, keeping your newborn’s delicate bottoms dry and irritation-free is worth the extra effort. You will know what I mean once you begin dealing with a heavy wetting baby.
- Works with various diaper covers apart from GroVia hybrid shells.
- Can be put in place using Snappis and hook and loops as well.
- Doesn’t shrink much after prepping.
- Better at containing solid and liquid mess for hours than average cloth diapers.
- The cotton and rayon (made from bamboo) blend develops stubborn yellow stains that are pretty tricky to get rid of.
8.ALVABABY Cloth Diaper
So you have mind up your mind about trying pocket diapers for your kiddo but you’ve absolutely no idea how to use them.
If that sounds like your situation then ALVABABY pocket cloth nappies would be a great place to start. Its one-size-fits-all design comes with three rows of snap closures for adjusting the size. It’s recommended weight range is 8-35 lbs.
These unisex pocket diapers will perfectly fit most newborns and toddlers, you might be a tad too large for preemies and lean babies. However, that doesn’t take away from the fact that the diapers are incredibly comfortable on the skin.
The inner line of the nappies are made from moisture-wicking suede material which is well-known for its softness and breathability. To jack up the absorbency, you simply have to stuff two inserts (two microfiber inserts included in the packet) inside the diaper.
Brownie points for the lightweight and trim design. Not that it’s important but I’d also like to point out that these pocket diapers come in a wide range of cute and colorful prints. I would choose them over boring plain white pocket diapers any day.
- Can be used as both stand-alone pocket diapers and as a cover underneath regular diapers to prevent nighttime spills.
- Ideal for babies prone to diaper rashes.
- One-size, comes with three rows of snaps to adjust the size.
- Doesn’t get bulky when you stuff it with two inserts.
- Available in a multitude of colors and prints.
- The included microfiber inserts aren’t of the best quality. I’d suggest purchasing bamboo inserts if your baby or toddler is a heavy wetter.
9.OsoCozy Unbleached Diapers
Here’s another option to safeguard your baby’s clothes, bed sheets as well as his skin from the damaging skin effects of the ammonia from urine and the chemicals used in regular diapers.
This particular variant of OsoCozy diapers is available in both bleached and unbleached versions. It’s usually a huge pain to pre-treat, wash, and completely air dry cloth diapers. But these aren’t your everyday cloth diapers.
The 27×27” nappies are made from pure cotton which goes gentle on the skin and doesn’t easily develop stubborn yellow stains. Moreover, the flat diapers are pretty thin when unfolded. Hence, they air dry quickly.
Even the stitching quality is top-notch. At least, far better than what I have seen in most cheap, off-brand, and even some name brand prefolds. OsoCozy flats are rectangular and true to the size. It’s ideal for a newborn and babies who haven’t been potty trained yet.
The bottom line being, if you are looking for something eco-friendly and economical without compromising on the durability, OsoCozy flats are one of the best nighttime diapers for heavy wetters to get your hands on.
- Can be used as burp cloths.
- Versatile, can be easily folded, stuffed into a diaper shell for overnight use.
- Thin and soft.
- Easy to clean up and dry quickly.
- Solid stitching quality.
- Not big enough for most toddlers. Hence, it’s application is mostly limited to newborns only.
10.Blueberry Cloth Diaper
Closing in my list of the best overnight diapers for heavy wetters, I present you with these semi-stiched soaker pads from Blueberry. It’s a godsend for kids with extremely sensitive skin, thanks to its pure birdseye cotton interior and latex-free soft elastics.
I especially loved how easily it adjusts according to the body shape of the baby. There are very few quality diapers in the market that properly fit small babies with skinny legs, and Blueberry happens to be one of them. The recommended weight range for the diapers would be 10-35 lbs, although it’s not set in stone.
The trim and lightweight nappies are ultra-soft and don’t demand crazy expertise to ensure a snug fit. There’s a large flap opening in the diaper with a semi-attached soaker pad insert in it to jack up the absorbency to handle heavy blowouts and torrential rain of urine. The insert comes out easily during washing, which makes thorough cleaning a breeze.
- Easily fits preemies and skinny-legged babies.
- Soft and trim.
- The semi-attached soaker pad absorbs tons of moisture and effectively contains solid mess for 4-5 hours.
- The 100% cotton inner lining prevents diaper-rash.
- Takes a considerable amount of time to dry.
You don’t have to know everything about parenting to become a great parent. You just need to make sure you are deriving your knowledge from the right sources.
The web world is huge and there are lots of misleading information lying around to mess with your head. I have been the victim of such misinformation too which is another reason why I decided to write this article in the first place.
You need someone to make things easier for you and I simply want to help. My hands-on experience and extensive research lead to dozens of products recommendations. But as you can see, only 10 of them made the cut into my list of the best overnight diapers for heavy wetters.
Several factors lend them an upper hand over their direct competitors e.g brand value, material quality, design, value for money, and most importantly, customer satisfaction. I spent days making sure the products featured on my list meet the highest standard of quality and comfort. I didn’t settle for anything less, so shouldn’t you.