Traveling with a baby is a supreme challenge for parents. You might look after all the times of your baby because a bit of carelessness can make a disaster situation.
Therefore, prior to the journey begins you should pack all the essential baby items in the bag. Carrying baby items in travel varies on season wise.
In the cold days, you should take winter favor items and accordingly in the hot summer days.
Once, I was traveling by plane with my 2 years baby for the first time. On return, suddenly I noticed she pooped and the diaper-wearing was leaking. I got afraid and anxious about what to do.
But, I was so miraculous that my next to a fellow passenger who was a parent like me helped me out from that awkward situation.
That is why I do not want you to fall in such an awkward situation like me.
Here are some packing checklists as follows that you might require on Your Go!
3 Most Significant Factors -You Must Know:
Passport For Your Baby:
If you are going out of the country with your baby then you might require your baby passport along with you. It seems silly for having an authentic document who even can’t talk! However, making a passport for a baby is a bit of ticklish.
Parents must be present or you might need a parental consent letter or court order.Your baby’s eyes should be opened and ears should be clearly viewed in the passport photo.
Therefore, you can’t hold the baby in the photo. For more information, check the US passport and travel guideline.
Travel Insurance and Consent Documents:
While traveling with the baby make sure your travel insurance that covers trip cancellation or interruption benefits due to serious illness or other included reasons. On the way of traveling your baby might get ill suddenly hence emergency medical support can diminish your anxiety.
Just make it certain that the travel insurance is covered your child.If you are planning to travel with a kid who you are not biologically owned by you then you might take the child’s identification proof like a birth certificate or parents’ consent confirmation paper.
You can search on US passport and travel guideline for further outline about special entry or exit requirement for minor for your heading destination.
A Bassinet for Long Travel by Plane:
In the long way journey with a baby it’s quite painful to hold the baby for a long time. So, after boarding on plan your first task is to grab a bassinet or cot for your child sleeping. First means first, because normally there is only one bassinet per plan.
Prime Checklist For Traveling With The Baby:
- Diaper: Take the necessary amount of diaper counting the daily diaper need. Plus, take some extra in case leak or tear.
- Changing pad: You can’t change your baby to the public. Take reusable or disposable changing pad for keeping under your baby.
- Wipes or tissue: Take a reasonable amount of wipes or tissue.
- Blanket: Laying down your baby on it, shading your baby and covering yourself from thunderstorm blow from your baby!
- Diaper rash cream: Take one or two (if need).
- Plastic bags: To keep dirty clothes, diaper aside
- Bibs and pacifiers: Get some extra bibs and pacifier.
- Baby foods: Formula, juice, and water according to age.
- Clothes, socks, and shoes: Take according to the weather demand and longevity of the journey.
- Nightlight: Bring a nightlight to glow your baby night.
- Baby hat: Get a stylish hat for covering from the sun.
- Sippy cups and nipples: some extra sippy cups and nipples appropriate.
- First aid kit: In case of minor injuries.
- Milk bottle or water bottle: keep it outside of the bag for instant need.
- Front baby carrier: Important for crowded places and relaxing your hand.
- Bathtub: Take inflatable bathtub for a chill bath on travel.
- Fold able stroller: Allow you to get relax.
- Car seat: Important for a safe travel by car or plane.
- Snacks for energy: cereal, fruits, crackers, puffs and so on for energy.
- Toys and books: some toys for baby playing and books for your time pass.
- Seasonal clothes: Winter dress or rain gear for baby.
- Cooler & ice packs: Pack small cooler and ice packs allowed by TSA (if possible).
- Medical stuff: Such as nasal drops or medicine (must carry the prescription).
- Breast pump: If you use a breast pump for feeding your baby then take it with you. Otherwise, you may squeeze it with your own hand.
Prior Travel Tips You Must Consider:
- Take preparation 2-3 days before your travel date. It helps to pack your essential items smoothly. You can make a list of your items thereby.
- If you are going to make a long tour you should carry a spacious bag. Try to take diaper backpack it allows you to free up your hand during travel or if you take a handbag to make sure it is shoulder strapped. There are lots of travel convenient diaper backpack over the market from there you can choose the best one. Because, holding a bag for a long time in hand, or upon shoulder might cause pain. Diaper backpack with stroller strap can relief you from this pain.
- Keep some extra clothes for you and your baby because your baby can spit-up.
- Baby wipe or tissue should be kept outer part or near to hand so that you can get instant access.
- Get a water-resistant bag for avoiding extra hassle around traveling.
- Take the contact number of your baby’s DOC so that you can connect in an emergency in travel.
- Don’t forget to take your mobile, camera, battery (extra) with you.
Thanks for reading out the article thoroughly. You are now much confident about your journey with your little angel! You may need some more items except above. So, you should collect those items whenever you get an opportunity. Finally, a suggestion to all the parents- Never let your baby alone during travel for a second whatever the situation is.
Best of luck to your grand journey with your Champion!