One of the trickiest letters among all the alphabets is the letter ‘X’. For a child, it certainly is a bit tough to pronounce. You see it as something else and pronounce it like a Z.
But that’s the beauty of it. You want your child to learn as many words there is to enrich her vocabulary and to know new stuff.
Things that start with X are often hard to find and probably you don’t even know more than 5 such words.
20 Show and Tell Ideas that Start With X
- Xylophone – The musical instrument with wooden bars and played with mallets.
- X-ray – Get a toy X-ray machine.
- X (the alphabet) – Write it up on paper and show it to your baby
- Xerox paper – The papers you use for photocopy
- X-men action figure – Time to buy action figures from the X-men comic series
- X-box – If you have one maybe let your child touch and play, if not show it to her.
- Xenomorph – It’s something that has an unusual shape, an alien for example
- Xenon – The colorless gas Xenon. Show it on the periodic table
- Xenon lights – Lots of cars have Xenon lights
- Xerosis – It’s a dry skin condition and you can show pictures of it online
- Xylem – The tissue that helps transport water in plants. Show a picture of a plant’s transportation system. It’s a good chance to introduce your child to biology
- Xebec – Xebecs were Mediterranean sailing ships and you can find pictures of it or maybe a miniature version. Great as a toy!
- Xenolith – Xenoliths are any rock trapped inside another rock. Your child will love to watch it if you manage to find one.
- Xiphoid – Xiphoid is a type of small bone that is attached where the ribs and breastbone meet. You can show this from any anatomy picture.
- Xmas – Merry Christmas!!
- Xylitol – A type of additive used as a sugar substitute. You can find this in a lot of grocery stores
- Xolo (Xoloitzcuintle) – It’s a type of hairless dog.
- Xenops – Also known as ovenbirds found mostly in Mexico and Central America.
- Xouba – Small Sardines
- Xinomavro – A type of black grape
Letter X shouldn’t be only confined to words that only start with X. You can also show your stuff that has the letter X anywhere in its name. For example Box, Tax, Wax, etc. Keep looking and you will find more.
Check out our other posts in the Show and Tell Letter Series: